Registration - We Welcome New Students!

Last Updated: 2/24/2021 12:34 PM

  We Welcome New Students!
Registration Information

Dianne Sloan


Click here to use our online preregistration form.


Enrolling at Pal-Mac Primary School?  Check out our VIDEO!  



Please review the following information to assist you in the registration process.  Click here to download forms that will need to be completed prior to registration.



To register your child, you must be a resident of the Pal-Mac School District or plan to move here shortly.  Proof of residency is required.  Please bring a tax bill, deed, lease agreement, current utility bill or closing statement for house when you come to register.  If you are sharing housing you must fill out a “shared housing affidavit”, have it notarized, and the person you are living with must prove their residency in our district.

However, if none of these documents are available, here are some examples of documentation that may also be used to establish  a student's residency:

Pay stub, Income tax form, Deed or lease to house or apartment, membership documents-such as library cards-based upon residency, Voter registration document, Official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver ID, State or other government-issued ID.

Please note that this list is intended only to provide examples of documentation that may be relevant to residency determinations - it is not intended to be exhaustive, nor is it a list of required documentation.


Verification of Birth

One of the following preferred  forms of evidence should be provided:  original birth certificate, a record of baptism, a certified transcript of birth, or a passport.  However, if none of these documents are available, other examples of documentation that may be used for this purpose include:


Official driver's license, State or other government issued ID, School photo ID with date of birth, Consulate identification card, Hospital or health records (in New York City, Hospital Birthing Records), Military dependent ID card, Native American tribal document, Record(s) from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies (VOLGAS).


Please note that this list is intended only to provide examples of documentation that may be relevant to establishing a student's age - it is not intended to be exhaustive, nor is it a list of required documentation. 


(Please consult with the school registrar regarding other documentary evidence that may be used.)



Are both natural parents living at the same address as the student?
If there has been a divorce or separation, a copy of a signed document 
stating the custody and the primary residence of the children is required.  The District must comply with all legal arrangements set forth by the Court and/or agreements made by both natural parents. 


Raising a relative's or friend's child?
NYS Kinship can help you with Kinship Care


Record of immunization

We must have each child’s complete shot history from your physician at the time of registration.  Please see the Health Requirements Memo for the required immunizations and information.


Secondary Students (grades 9-12)

          Register as early as possible so that counseling appointments can be scheduled.  Bring a copy of the most recent report card/schedule/transcript/IEP to your counseling appointment.


Physical Exam for your child(ren) required

          All students new to the District must have a physical exam within the last 12 months.  If your child has not had a physical, you may obtain a form from the Health Office.  The physical does not have to be completed by the time of registration; however, please contact the nurse at the school your child will be attending within two weeks to inform her of the physical date.


Parent/Guardian Identification

         Photo identification should be presented at the Building's Main Office and then again at the Office of the Registrar.  A copy of the identification will be made for the record.  Please consult with the school registrar should you need assistance.


Non-Discrimination Policy   

          The Palmyra Macedon CSD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions; and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.  The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:                                


Kenneth Azzarello

Director of Human Resources  

151 Hyde Parkway
Palmyra, New York  14522



Inquiries concerning the application of the Palmyra-Macedon CSD non-discrimination policies may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education.


Office for Civil Rights (OCR)

32 Old Slip

26th floor

New York, NY 10005

Telephone (646) 428-3800 (voice) or  (800) 877-8339 (TTY)




If you have any questions, please contact the Central Registration Office at 315-597-3415.



Las personas hispanohablantes que necesitan asistencia, deberi'an hacer una petici'on 

O (315) 597-3415.



NYS Health Requirements

New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) requires schools to maintain an original immunization record from the student’s physician that details the child’s vaccination history.  This information is then transcribed onto a student’s permanent health record which the school maintains.  This requirement is based on the New York State Public Health Law Section 2164 which determines immunization requirements for entry into school within New York State.  If the previous school does not provide this, you will be contacted at a later date to provide it.